Do you have kids between the ages of 6-17? Do they love animals? Would you like to engage them in an activity that enriches the animals, and gives back to the community?
(this is an ongoing program with AAWL and repeats monthly)
Enrichment helps animals stay social and therefore remain adoptable.
Help get our shelter dogs’ tails wagging by reading to them! This is a positive experience that helps create bonds and builds the dog’s confidence which will help them get adopted. This also gives children a chance to practice their reading skills in front of a non-judgmental (and cute) crowd. Ages 6-17 are invited to learn how to safely interact with dogs and read to our adoptable pups! Bring your own book or use one of ours!
Parents are welcome to stay and read with their child for $5 per parent.
Space is limited to 20 people and is first come-first served. Please pre-register here to secure your spot, as drop-ins the day of cannot be guaranteed a space.
Prerequisites / Requirements:
· This program is open to kids ages 6-17.
· Participants must have a respect for animals, other participants and instructors.
· Participants must be able to follow direction and have an eagerness to learn.
· Children with extreme allergies to small mammals, birds, dogs or cats should not attend.
· Participants must follow the age ranges specified in the camp descriptions or be within 3 months of the minimum age. No exceptions.
What to Bring:
· Closed toe shoes
· Appropriate clothing for bending down, leaning, carrying, etc. Short shorts and low cut tops are not permitted.
· You are welcome to bring your own book(s)
· Water bottle
· Authorization forms (sent upon successful registration)
$15 per child + $5 per parent if parent opts to stay for the program
· Reading To Dogs Date: Sunday, August 18, 2019 – 11:30am to 1:00pm
· Reading To Dogs Date: Saturday, August 31, 2019 – 11:30am to 1:00pm
DC – DMH AZ D010
"We are the Love of Creation." – Kuan Yin