SW RST All Call
Posted On March 5, 2019
This is very important, so please read all the information within.
Regional Storyteller is one of the most difficult jobs within our organization, and I would like to thank John Thomas for his dedicated service as RST.
At this time, I am making an all call for the position of South West Regional Storyteller. Please email your applications to the US ANST Admin (myself), the US NST, both included on this email. Applications will be accepted for the position for the next week, until* 3/11/2019* at midnight.
The RST possesses the following duties, responsibilities, and authority to the region’s members and to other storytellers:
- Establish chronicle continuity and history within the parameters defined by supervising storytellers
- Act as mentor to, and assist members with, character creation, learning game rules and addenda, and becoming familiar with the chronicle setting
- Sanction characters for participation in the global sanctioned chronicle
- Enact immediate corrective action as described in Chapter 7 of the Membership Handbook when necessary
- Recommend prestige from prestige budget to members assisting with officer
- Maintain the official record of character sheets, including complete experience point logs, for all characters for which they are the Direct Storyteller
- Create and implement suitable plotlines
- Create and introduce appropriate NPCs
- The Storyteller may portray these characters or assign members to portray them.
- Run games, downtime scenes, and proxies within the parameters defined by supervising storytellers
- Award experience points/traits to characters
- Conduct investigations for game-related issues and enact Storyteller-based disciplinary actions (See Disciplinary Action).
- Conduct pre-game player and character sheet check-in for both local and visiting characters for venues, games, and special events under their direct jurisdiction to ensure the characters conform to the VSS and are suitable for the game
- File a monthly status report to their supervising Storyteller (See Reports and Reporting)
- Facilitate conflict resolution between players for in-game issues (See Conflict Resolution)
- Create and/or conduct regular reviews of Venue Style Sheets (VSS) for venues, games and special events under their direct jurisdiction
- Clarify or adjust the storytelling jurisdiction of any Storyteller below them in their chain, whether as an assistant or elected, to prevent conflicts of jurisdiction between Storytellers
- Modify or veto plotlines within their jurisdiction
- Require a player to provide full character sheet, experience trait log, and character background
- Interpret rules for scenes and make other necessary storytelling decisions
- Freeze a scene or characters within their jurisdiction
- Assume storytelling jurisdiction for a character, plotline, NPC, item, or investigation
– May deliver disciplinary actions up to a severe offense after conducting an investigation, recommend prestige for DSTs, and review open items pending High approval according to sanctioned rules.
-File an on-time monthly report in the format determined by the NST, review open items pending High approval according to sanctioned rules, run any plot kits and/or settings changes required by the storyteller chain, hold at least one ST meeting or regional education session in the month, manage cross-venue out-of-game character actions within jurisdiction, and recommend prestige for the DSTs.
Per the Membership Handbook, applications will require the following information to be included:
- Identification: Name, Membership Number
- Contact Information: Email, Phone Number – (Phone number will be redacted when distributed to the electorate)
- Objective: A sentence or two describing what your goals during your term of office.
- Plan of Action: A paragraph or two detailing how you intend to accomplish the goals stated in your objective.
- Experience: A resume of positions held within Mind’s Eye Society as well as any relevant Non-Club Experience. Applicants must describe how they meet the minimum criteria for the position as described in the chart below.
- Disciplinary Actions: Please see the Full Disclosure Policy below and the Disciplinary Action Section of the Membership Handbook for more information.
- A statement asserting that the applicant is a paid member of MES
Please – ALL MEMBERS over the next week you will be able to send a request to join the RST Election List here:
If you are not added by Tuesday the 11th, I need you to contact me, so I can have you added. If you do not contact me, you will not be added and therefore cannot ask questions of the candidates, or review the questions and answers from the other members and candidates.
The Q&A portion of this process will begin on Tuesday, March 18th and run for 1 week, completing on Tuesday, March 25th, at midnight. This first portion of the process is solely for members to post their questions, and the candidates will be unable to answer at this time.
After that question period, we will have the answer period which will last 1 week, ending at midnight, Tuesday, April 1st. During this period no questions may be asked, and the candidates will answer all questions posted to the list.
After that, the voting process will begin and last for 1 week ending Tuesday, April 8th at midnight – I will release the results within 48 hours of the vote completion.
US ANST Admin