Vampire the Masquerade
Dark Redemption VSS
VSS Boundaries: Prescott National Forest to the West, the northern portion of the Tonto National forest to the East, with an East/West line parallel to the Southern border of the Prescott National forest to the South, and the Northern limits of the Kaibab National Forest to the North.
VST Name: Bryan Lee Briggs
VST Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Domain Code: AZ 010 D
City Type: Sabbat city
Other Vampire Political Affiliations Active in the Domain: None, per settings document.
Sect Boundaries: Prescott Area (Prescott, Prescott Valley, Yayapai Hills, Dewey-Humbolt, Williamson, Chino Valley, Paulden) & Flagstaff Area (Flagstaff, Kachina Village, Moutainaire, Winona)
Theme: Struggle for Survival
Mood: Cautious, Reflective
Setting: BNS MES Vampire: The Masquerade
“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”
Following their defeat at the hands of the combined forces of the Camarilla and Anarchs in the Phoenix area, and their decimation by mortal hunters, the Sabbat of Northern Arizona, face what may be their greatest challenge yet, themselves. The various factions vie to consolidate their hold on their hard won territory, but the threat of mortal hunters still remains, as do other threats both seen and unseen.
City Description: Prescott and Flagstaff have been but recently claimed by the Sabbat, and much of the surrounding area is likely controlled by werewolves, leaving the Sword of Caine in Northern Arizona in a precarious position as it recovers from the losses it suffered during the Nights of Turmoil. The usefulness of the Order of St. Blaise cannot be denied, but internal conflicts remain.
· 1950 – Camarilla Petty Praxis established in Flagstaff.
· 1955 – The Sabbat undertake a Crusade to capture Phoenix from the Camarilla, the attack originated from the South, but the Sabbat were driven off, taking heavy losses from both Anarchs and Werewolves. However, a single scouting pack was left in the area, watching events unfold, but never engaging.
· 1965 – A small gang of Anarchs establishes itself in the Prescott area.
· 2002 – The Sabbat undertake a second Crusade to take Phoenix, this time attacking from the West, and making extensive use of mass embraces. They were again driven off, this time to the North and they managed to hold the line in Prescott, claiming both the Prescott and Flagstaff areas as their own in the process, the Anarchs in Prescott were given the option to join or die, while the members of the petty praxis in Flagstaff were slain out of hand.
· 2003 to 2009 – The Years of Silence : The Sabbat takes heavy losses to hunters and engages in sporadic direct conflicts with other Kindred.
· 2003 – Sabbat Diocese founded in Prescott/Flagstaff
· 2008 – Hunter activity begins to return to its previous levels, a process which concludes in 2009.
· 2009 – The Red Star fades form the sky, ending the Nights of Turmoil, with their decimation by hunters, and internal squabbles, new leadership is established within the Sabbat Diocese of Prescott and Flagstaff.
· 2012 – Chicago Blood Accords, all direct fighting between the Camarilla and the Sabbat comes to an end.
Travel via road between the two major areas of Sabbat control (i.e., between Prescott and Flagstaff) is dangerous, as threats abound in the moon-lit forest.
While the Sabbat control the Prescott and Flagstaff areas, there are other forces moving in the night.
In order to use downtime actions, influences and other backgrounds within the VSS, a character must be physically present within the VSS, either via a live game or a proxy. This does not include Regional level actions approved through the RST’s Office, or National level actions approved through the NST’s Office.
There is no such thing as a “soft” proxy, all proxies to this VSS will be hard proxies, must be submitted 48 hours in advance of the scheduled start of the proxy, and must include at, a minimum, the following information (though additional information is encouraged):
Full Character Sheet, including an XP Log
Travel plans for how the character will be entering and leaving the VSS
The purpose of the proxy and desired outcome
Visitors to live games from other VSSs are strongly encouraged to submit their full character sheets, including an XP log 48 hours in advance of the scheduled game.
o Downtime actions and Backgrounds (Allies, Contacts, Influences, Resources) refresh at the start of each game.
o Downtimes are due by the Saturday prior to the next scheduled game and affect the time between games.
o All downtime actions are processed simultaneously, except as noted below, and the results will be released prior to the following game.
o The Allies, Contacts and Influences Backgrounds can be used during downtime or during games to a total number of uses equal to the number of dots in the background. The additional Influence actions gained from the Master of Puppets merit can only be used during downtime.
o Retainers each receive a single downtime action.
o The monthly “liquid cash” from Resources cannot be banked, it simply represents how much cash a character has available to spend each month.
o The order of downtime and influence actions follows the rules on page 388 of MET WtA :
1. Defensive actions are always processed first. Attack actions trigger a defense action if one has been submitted.
2. Influence actions occur before downtime actions, unless the downtime actions are defensive actions, such as patrolling.
3. If there is an issue where the timing of an attack influence action matters, the initiative order is determined by Social + Influence. The character with the highest total has their actions adjudicated first.
This VSS uses the Graduated XP Cap ref: BNS: VtM pg. 349, earned xp for live games will be equal to the player’s current monthly xp cap minus 2 to a minimum of 2, xp for submitting downtimes will be 2 xp, xp for monitored (i.e., cc the DMH Sabbat VST account) downtime scenes will be 2 xp each.